Sunday, December 22, 2013

Kenadee

 Oh sweet Kenadee! If you ever want a good laugh, or a smile to make your day better, all you need is Kenadee! Kenadee is my best friends niece! I was so excited to take pictures of her, because i already knew she was adorable, and fun to work with! Kenadee's Mother Rori, was kind enough to write down her story for me! I hope you can just feel the love radiating from this little girls hands! I love her! 




"Kenadee Clark Woodward born March 30, 2005 was the best birthday present I could have asked for. Yes she was born on my birthday, which was also her due date, what are the odds! This is the day my life changed forever and not in a bad way. It changed me for the better because I was blessed to have my first child be born with down syndrome. Some people would not consider this a blessing, but I am not like other people. I was scared and sad and was asking the same question everyone else would ask themselves, why me? This thought quickly left my mind when I was sitting there holding her for the first time. I remember looking down at her and I looked up at my mom with tears in my eyes and I said, "She is so beautiful." I never knew strength until Kenadee was born, I never truly knew what it was like to put someone else's before yourself. I remember thinking many times that I wasn't strong enough to do this, but those thoughts always left my mind as quickly as they entered. Among having down syndrome Kenadee also has a lot of other medical problems. She was born with 4 holes in her heart which caused her to receive a pacemaker at 3 months old due to heart failure in the bottom chambers of her heart. She was also born with a club foot, mal-rotation of her intestines, growth hormone deficiency, hip displasia, dislocating knee caps, partial deafness due to fluid build up, poor eye sight, skin problems and that's about all I can think off the top of my head. Everyone always tells me, "Kenadee is lucky to have a mom and dad like Aaron and me." What I say is "no, we are lucky to have a daughter like her." Kenadee is the strongest person I know. For being 7 right now, going through 8 surgeries, 3 of which were pacemaker replacements, and still continuing to be happy with a big smile on her face shows me how strong she is. When you see her she will always make you smile, and definitely make you laugh. Because of Kenadee, I was hoping that my next child I had would also have down syndrome! LOL people thought I was crazy for saying that but after having Kenadee in my life I wanted more children just like her. We love her so much and we are so grateful to have her in our life's. Our family wouldn't be complete without her and we would never have it any other way. Kenadee we love you more then you will ever know! You are such a blessing and have the sweetest spirit. I don't think anyone can be angry while being around you because you make everyone happy. Always be yourself and never let anyone change you, you are beautiful just the way you are!


Love Always,
Mom, Dad, & Matthew "

No comments:

Post a Comment