Sunday, July 8, 2012

Journal Entry: March 2012

"I am amazed at how I am changing little by little. I am now getting requests from states in every direction! I never knew how big this project would be, but I'm not complaining!"

"Instead of getting married-ha ha. My parents and I are going to get in the car and go to Portland, Oregon. I went on Facebook and automatically went to work trying to find people in that area that could participate in my project. I am so grateful for how many people help me with this project. I had people sending me e-mails, and numbers of people in Oregon that might participate!"

"Oregon has allowed me to do and try new things. We stopped at a crab shack on the side of the road. The menu was basically made up from fish and chips. The guy however sold he fresh catch of the morning too. There were SO many crabs! Iv never really been a big seafood person, but I DO like an adventure! "Hey If I buy a whole crab can you heat it up for me?". " Umm... they are dead". "I know... do you eat it cold? Look, Im a dumb girl from Idaho, and I just want to eat a whole crab...". " Oh! Okay... Ill uh take out the brains and everything for you... and warm it up a bit."... then he had to show me how to eat it.... hahaha ... IT WAS SOOO GOOD!"


"While everything was still dead and yellow/brownish in Idaho, Oregon was lush, green, and blooming with flowers! There is a lot culture, and amazing food here! Plus, my mom is having fun finding all of the thrift stores ha ha."




"Some sad news came today. The 7 people I had scheduled ( they all lived in a home together )... they went to Mexico.... so hopefully I can find someone"

"The Lord blesses me so much! I have found a couple people! I have a session in Washington in the morning, and we are going to travel the coast on the way back. I LOVE the ocean here. I would rather live here than Florida!"

(I was able to photograph a young girl In Salem, who has since has decided to no longer be part of the project. But I learned some things from her, so I am going to share that )

When I first saw this little girl's family walking towards me I thought," Oh my goodness what an adorable family!" It was a windy day and rainy day. This hurt her eyes, and scared her. She didn't want her glasses on for the pictures, even though they helped her see, and protected them from the wind. Every time she got scared her daddy raced over to comfort her, and wipe any tears that formed. It melted my heart. Once time she began to get a little scared and he daddy called her name, and said something like its okay you can hear us, you know I'm here. Its okay, you are doing great! - beautiful right? I thought to myself, that's what God has been telling me this last month. Its okay, I am here, keep going! I wont let you fall, you are doing great.

I also got to travel to Washington on this road trip and photographed an amazing woman named Heather. Her post will be coming soon! Such an amazing story!

"One thing I see over, and over again in this project are the AMAZING families these people are a part of. The love in this family was so strong I could fill it. There is no way I could possibly understand how difficult it is to be a parent, let alone, having one with a disability. It amazes me how they march though trials, where others would crumble. Its a beautiful thing to see."

No comments:

Post a Comment