Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cindy

 Oh goodness, Cindy was a joy to meet! Cindy is one of thee nicest people you have ever met! It may of taken me a while to find her house , but thank goodness for GPS! Cindy likes to read and make jewelry! As you can see, she has a talent for making bracelets. When I asked her if she sold them she said," Oh well I probably should. But when I make a new one I get so excited, and I give it to a friend, or someone at work.
 Cindy survived as a fetus when doctors told her mother she wouldn't. They had to do invasive surgery when Cindy's mother was pregnant with her. They told her mother that the fetus would self abort. Cindy didnt though, and he mother counts her as one of God's greatest blessings. "Rearing a child with no mobility, or full mental capacity", Cindy's mother said," Isn't what I thought I would be doing as a young mother, but I wouldnt want her any other way."
At the end of the session Cindy asked me what my favorite color was, I told her it was Yellow. She looked down at her wrists and said, " I already promised this yellow one to a lady at work, but I will make a special one for you, because you are a dear friend of mine."
Its statements like that, and the hugs/warm smiles I get that make this project everything I hoped it would be. Goodness. I LOVE this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment