Monday, May 14, 2012

Meet the photographer: Lizzy Cady


Hello! My name is Lizzy Cady. Let me introduce myself! I am studying special education at Idaho State, and photography is my passion. My favorite color is yellow, I hate salmon, I am a dog lover, and most of all… I LOVE pictures! I started taking pictures of people in high school, and have kept it up all these years. My passion became capturing joy in a person though a picture. I really love the expression on someone’s eyes, and capturing the pure essence of their character. I honestly did the project to help others, and in return, hope to heal myself. My wedding was canceled, and I wanted a way out of the hurt and pain. Basically I was a broken person. I was so numb, I knew the only way to feel again, was to serve others! The problem was, I didnt know how I should go about it. When news of the cancellation hit facebook a wonderful photographer, Jessamyn Rasmussen of Uptown Photography , talked to me about taking some pictures, to help me see how beautiful I was. When I saw my pictures online I felt happy inside. Pictures bring people joy, its as simple as that. Soon, with the help of friends and God, I knew what I was supposed to do! I have always had a great deal of love for people with special needs. I honestly didn’t see this project going as far as it has! I thank God for this project, and how it has changed me. I’m so honored by peoples support and love! Now, it helps that I had a special angel in my life named Colton.

 Colton was my high school buddy who kept me laughing all day! We would skip down the halls together singing Disney songs, and we loved to eat goldfish together. Colton showed me what life was all about, and how to find joy in the simple things. Without him, I don’t know if this project ever would have happened. I was also given the opportunity to help walk a girl with special needs for graduation. I felt so honored that I was given the opportunity! I saw kids and even teachers at school pick on him (until I or other students got involved). I couldn’t understand why someone would be mean, to someone so innocent and kind. I honestly was never allowed to be afraid of people with disabilities due to my wonderful mother. She taught me that people with disabilities deserve all the respect you have. When I hear people talking about how they don’t feel safe or comfortable around people with special needs it breaks my heart! They just haven’t opened up their heart to love! I hope by doing this project not only can people with disabilities see how beautiful they are, but that people in the world can open their hearts, and try to love them back. People with disabilities don’t care who you are, or what you look like. They love you for being you! I hope that everyone can love them for being them. Beautiful. - Some people say you can tell a lot about a person by their hands. In that case, their hands, all I see is love. I hope I can share that with you. 
-Lizzy Cady
cadyeliz@isu.edu
CLICK HERE, to "like" the Facebook page

No comments:

Post a Comment