Sunday, May 27, 2012

MacKenzie

The one thing I knew about MacKenzie, is that EVERYONE, knows and loves MacKenzie! I can see why too! She is such an amazing and beautiful person inside and out! We had so much fun taking pictures! I also had another photographer, Morgan Kirkham of Morgan Kirkham Photogrpahy, come add to the fun!


"I was born with a birth defect called Medial Cleft Syndrome. It's where I had a hole in my lip and no bone in my nose. The doctors told my parents that they didn't think I would make it through the night of my birth and that if I did make it, they wouldn't know what would be affected internally. Luckily, I haven't had any problems internally. Being born with this birth defect has come with many challenges. I've had so many surgeries that I've lost count. I faced a lot of scary situations as a kid by having to go back to the hospital knowing what they were going to do each time. I would always ask my mom "why can't it be Garrett or Katie that has to have surgery?" She would tell me every single time "because your brother and sister aren't as strong as you are."

My favorite saying would be, "After the trial, we will be blessed. But this life is the test." --Janice Kapp Perry
MacKenzie is such a light in a dark world. She is one of the most giving, and happy people I know. She loves working with children, and does a phenomenal job! She is attending ISU for cosmetology. I know that she will be able to make everyone as beautiful as her. If you dont know anything about MacKenzie, I can tell you that she is strong, beautiful, talented, and charitable person.

1 comment: